Welcome to Sonshine Preschool at Orchard Community Church!
Nurturing the growth of children
Supporting their families
Sonshine Preschool is a child-oriented school. Preschool children learn through creative play, firsthand experiences, and through the use of a variety of materials, both indoors and out. We provide a safe environment where children are encouraged to make friends, become independent, develop self-esteem, develop self-control and make good choices.
Registration for 2021/22 School Year
Only a few spots open! Call TODAY!
Registration is open to all families and is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. We hope to be able to accommodate your requests and to confirm your space in the program as you register.
For more information on our programs and Forms for Registration please visit our Programs Page
Looking Ahead to 2021/22
It is our greatest hope to open the 2021-2022 school year as a typical school year where all classes will begin at 9 am and end at noon and that we will be able to offer our extended hours programs.
As we learned in 2020, life can be unpredictable. We will reassess our plan to open like a typical school year in the summer. If we find that we have the same restrictions we do now, we may not be able to offer our extended hours programs and we may have to stagger our start and end times (ex: 8:45 am-11:45 am and 9:00 am-12:00 pm).
Director, Sonshine Preschool
8180 Telephone Road, Ventura
Why did you choose Sonshine Preschool?
- My boys loved Sonshine! They had so much fun they didn't even know they were learning.Rose Family
- We chose Sonshine because I went there and it still had a great reputation when it was time to send my daughter to preschool. We love Sonshine for the reason that we all feel like family. The teachers and staff are all so welcoming and loving to the children and parents. Also, Ellie’s growth has been tremendous, both socially and academically. We are so glad we are apart of the Sonshine family!Flores Family
- We picked Sonshine preschool for our son because of their focus on the entire child. We loved how nurturing they were and their value of Biblical teachings. We loved that they recognized each child learns differently and that a lot of learning can be done through playing. Sonshine has truly been the best school, we wish our son could attend this school his entire school career. Sending him here was the best decision we have made.Amber
- Why we love Sonshine... As a pediatric occupational therapist, finding a play-based preschool was extremely important to me and Sonshine does such a good job of making learning fun and play focused! My oldest child attended Sonshine for two years and was perfectly prepared for kindergarten so it was a no brainer that my second would attend as well. He already felt like part of the Sonshine family having met all of the caring teachers over the years that the transition into preschool was a breeze!Lauren T
- I visited several preschools before I toured Sonshine, and I could feel the environment here was more fun and more nurturing. I knew this was where I wanted to send my kids. The Sonshine Staff is loving and caring and create an amazing environment for the kids. My older daughter had some tough moments starting school, but her teacher was so loving and knew exactly what to do and within a few weeks, she had overcome her anxiety. Now both my daughters go to Sonshine and they love school so much. It is the best preschool and a blessing to our family! I would highly recommend Sonshine to anyone looking for a preschool.Coleman Family
- KatyNew to the area at the time, I chose Sonshine Preschool for my firstborn because it reminded me of the preschool from my own childhood: play-oriented, yet structured just enough to prepare the kids for the longer days with more sitting, standing in line, and listening required of kindergarten. Sonshine, however, has far exceeded our expectations! We are now mid-way through our 5th collective year as a family, and I look forward to starting my youngest next year in the Two’s program!! This place has been a Rock for us in particularly this year, a time of such change. And I am literally holding my August baby out of kindergarten this next year, not because she isn’t ready, rather because I know she will reap the benefits of another year in such a nurturing environment.I would recommend Sonshine wholeheartedly to anyone looking for a faith-based preschool in the Ventura area. The teachers are loving and kind. They learn the name of each and every family member as well as grandparent and babysitter who interacts with the school. They always have a sweet word to offer and a smile upon their face. Phyllis in the office is one of the most organized people you’ll ever come across and Director Annette is an excellent leader who has come to feel more like an older sister/friend to many of us, rather than just a “Preschool Director.” Kids come out of Sonshine confident and ready for kindergarten, and my kids are always disappointed to be away from school during holidays or vacations, constantly asking again and again if they have school tomorrow. Thank you, Sonshine, for all that you are and all that you do!