Welcome to Sonshine Preschool at Orchard Community Church!
Nurturing the growth of children
Supporting their families
Sonshine Preschool is a child-oriented school. Preschool children learn through creative play, firsthand experiences, and through the use of a variety of materials, both indoors and out. We provide a safe environment where children are encouraged to make friends, become independent, develop self-esteem, develop self-control and make good choices.
Registration for 2021/22 School Year
Priority Registration begins February 8, 2021 – Currently enrolled families, Orchard families, and former Sonshine families will have a one week priority period to register returning or new students.
Open Registration begins February 15, 2021 – We will begin taking registration from 9 am until noon. Open to all families and is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. We hope to be able to accommodate your requests and to confirm your space in the program as you register.
For more information on our programs and Forms for Registration please visit our Programs Page
Looking Ahead to 2021/22
It is our greatest hope to open the 2021-2022 school year as a typical school year where all classes will begin at 9 am and end at noon and that we will be able to offer our extended hours programs.
As we learned in 2020, life can be unpredictable. We will reassess our plan to open as a typical school year in the summer. If we find that we have the same restrictions we do now, we may not be able to offer our extended hours programs and we may have to stagger our start and end times (ex: 8:45 am-11:45 am and 9:00 am-12:00 pm).
Director, Sonshine Preschool
8180 Telephone Road, Ventura
Why did you choose Sonshine Preschool?
- Why we love Sonshine... As a pediatric occupational therapist, finding a play-based preschool was extremely important to me and Sonshine does such a good job of making learning fun and play focused! My oldest child attended Sonshine for two years and was perfectly prepared for kindergarten so it was a no brainer that my second would attend as well. He already felt like part of the Sonshine family having met all of the caring teachers over the years that the transition into preschool was a breeze!Lauren T
- Our girls will remember teacher Laura for the rest of their lives!Bossoletti Family
- We chose Sonshine because I went there and it still had a great reputation when it was time to send my daughter to preschool. We love Sonshine for the reason that we all feel like family. The teachers and staff are all so welcoming and loving to the children and parents. Also, Ellie’s growth has been tremendous, both socially and academically. We are so glad we are apart of the Sonshine family!Flores Family
- I never thought of myself as a helicopter parent, and have always given my son and daughter a great deal of room to grow and be themselves, but when it came time to find a preschool, I realized how nervous I was in finding the right place/people for him and her. As corny as it sounds, it is difficult to let go and know that the people you are entrusting with your children will be the right fit. If you have any concerns or feel the way I did, I have great news – there is a place called Sonshine Preschool and they are amazing. Annette the Director & Phyllis the Office Manager are total GEMS. They’re both so loving, patient with both children and adults. Teacher Tiffany & her aide Beca & Teacher Lou are extraordinary as well. I can’t forget about the outside MWF Teacher Bev, she is so warm & caring. Small class sizes, excellent communication, fun activities, exceptional openness to parents and students, and so much more - makes Sonshine Preschool an exceptional place.Elena
- We picked Sonshine preschool for our son because of their focus on the entire child. We loved how nurturing they were and their value of Biblical teachings. We loved that they recognized each child learns differently and that a lot of learning can be done through playing. Sonshine has truly been the best school, we wish our son could attend this school his entire school career. Sending him here was the best decision we have made.Amber
- This was our first time enrolling a child in preschool. It can be nerve-wracking and a lot of pressure to make sure you find “the perfect one”. On our first visit to Sonshine, we felt welcomed and comfortable like we were already part of the family. We love the environment and are very pleased with the structure of the daily schedule. The entire team is amazing! We could not have chosen a better place to nurture the development, creativity, and well-being of Brooks. I know when we drop him off, he is going to have a great day full of fun and growth! We are so glad we found Sonshine!Liz