Welcome to Sonshine Preschool at Orchard Community Church!
Nurturing the growth of children
Supporting their families
Sonshine Preschool is a child-oriented school. Preschool children learn through creative play, firsthand experiences, and through the use of a variety of materials, both indoors and out. We provide a safe environment where children are encouraged to make friends, become independent, develop self-esteem, develop self-control and make good choices.
Registration for 2021/22 School Year
Priority Registration begins February 8, 2021 – Currently enrolled families, Orchard families, and former Sonshine families will have a one week priority period to register returning or new students.
Open Registration begins February 15, 2021 – We will begin taking registration from 9 am until noon. Open to all families and is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. We hope to be able to accommodate your requests and to confirm your space in the program as you register.
For more information on our programs and Forms for Registration please visit our Programs Page
Looking Ahead to 2021/22
It is our greatest hope to open the 2021-2022 school year as a typical school year where all classes will begin at 9 am and end at noon and that we will be able to offer our extended hours programs.
As we learned in 2020, life can be unpredictable. We will reassess our plan to open as a typical school year in the summer. If we find that we have the same restrictions we do now, we may not be able to offer our extended hours programs and we may have to stagger our start and end times (ex: 8:45 am-11:45 am and 9:00 am-12:00 pm).
Director, Sonshine Preschool
8180 Telephone Road, Ventura
Why did you choose Sonshine Preschool?
- I visited several preschools before I toured Sonshine, and I could feel the environment here was more fun and more nurturing. I knew this was where I wanted to send my kids. The Sonshine Staff is loving and caring and create an amazing environment for the kids. My older daughter had some tough moments starting school, but her teacher was so loving and knew exactly what to do and within a few weeks, she had overcome her anxiety. Now both my daughters go to Sonshine and they love school so much. It is the best preschool and a blessing to our family! I would highly recommend Sonshine to anyone looking for a preschool.Coleman Family
- My boys loved Sonshine! They had so much fun they didn't even know they were learning.Rose Family
- If you are searching for a preschool program that is play-based, child-centered, organized, well-planned, and full of love for your family and your child, look no further. Sonshine stood out as the program that exceeded all the things we were looking for by providing a well-run program that gives kids opportunities to develop socially, emotionally, and academically through play-based experiences. When we toured Sonshine (one of many preschool tours we did), we felt sure, in our hearts, that this place was centered on the children and on bringing them joyful opportunities to learn through play. Our three children have attended the 2’s, 3’s, and 4-year-old classes. Our oldest two transitioned to elementary school with ease, both socially and academically, and our youngest is currently in the 3’s class. We love Sonshine preschool!Kate Shanahan
- We chose Sonshine because I went there and it still had a great reputation when it was time to send my daughter to preschool. We love Sonshine for the reason that we all feel like family. The teachers and staff are all so welcoming and loving to the children and parents. Also, Ellie’s growth has been tremendous, both socially and academically. We are so glad we are apart of the Sonshine family!Flores Family
- I never thought of myself as a helicopter parent, and have always given my son and daughter a great deal of room to grow and be themselves, but when it came time to find a preschool, I realized how nervous I was in finding the right place/people for him and her. As corny as it sounds, it is difficult to let go and know that the people you are entrusting with your children will be the right fit. If you have any concerns or feel the way I did, I have great news – there is a place called Sonshine Preschool and they are amazing. Annette the Director & Phyllis the Office Manager are total GEMS. They’re both so loving, patient with both children and adults. Teacher Tiffany & her aide Beca & Teacher Lou are extraordinary as well. I can’t forget about the outside MWF Teacher Bev, she is so warm & caring. Small class sizes, excellent communication, fun activities, exceptional openness to parents and students, and so much more - makes Sonshine Preschool an exceptional place.Elena
- Why we love Sonshine... As a pediatric occupational therapist, finding a play-based preschool was extremely important to me and Sonshine does such a good job of making learning fun and play focused! My oldest child attended Sonshine for two years and was perfectly prepared for kindergarten so it was a no brainer that my second would attend as well. He already felt like part of the Sonshine family having met all of the caring teachers over the years that the transition into preschool was a breeze!Lauren Taluy