Welcome to Sonshine Preschool at Orchard Community Church!
Nurturing the growth of children
Supporting their families
Sonshine Preschool is a child-oriented school. Preschool children learn through creative play, firsthand experiences, and through the use of a variety of materials, both indoors and out. We provide a safe environment where children are encouraged to make friends, become independent, develop self-esteem, develop self-control and make good choices.
Registration for 2021/22 School Year
Only a few spots open! Call TODAY!
Registration is open to all families and is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. We hope to be able to accommodate your requests and to confirm your space in the program as you register.
For more information on our programs and Forms for Registration please visit our Programs Page
Looking Ahead to 2021/22
It is our greatest hope to open the 2021-2022 school year as a typical school year where all classes will begin at 9 am and end at noon and that we will be able to offer our extended hours programs.
As we learned in 2020, life can be unpredictable. We will reassess our plan to open like a typical school year in the summer. If we find that we have the same restrictions we do now, we may not be able to offer our extended hours programs and we may have to stagger our start and end times (ex: 8:45 am-11:45 am and 9:00 am-12:00 pm).
Director, Sonshine Preschool
8180 Telephone Road, Ventura
Why did you choose Sonshine Preschool?
- JuliaIn my family, Sonshine Preschool has become a tradition. I attended this preschool and have fond memories of outside play, art, and science exploration. Now both of my girls have had the experience of growing in this preschool space. My first child learned to be kind to others and share in this space, before her sister came along. Now my second is thriving in this safe environment for exploration. Choosing a place to trust with our little ones can be very difficult. Sonshine Preschool is a place you can trust because of the dedication of the staff, which is seen in each lesson and space they provide. I believe Sonshine preschool is just big enough for our little ones to grow and just small enough for them to thrive.They have a great community, communication & caring!
- We chose Sonshine because I went there and it still had a great reputation when it was time to send my daughter to preschool. We love Sonshine for the reason that we all feel like family. The teachers and staff are all so welcoming and loving to the children and parents. Also, Ellie’s growth has been tremendous, both socially and academically. We are so glad we are apart of the Sonshine family!Flores Family
- My boys loved Sonshine! They had so much fun they didn't even know they were learning.Rose Family
- Finding the right preschool seemed like a daunting task being a first-time parent. After a few tours and meet and greets we were feeling defeated. The moment I called Sonshine to inquire I had a feeling of peace, Phyllis and Annette were so kind and helpful! When we went to tour the preschool our son was so comfortable there. The teachers and staff all love and care about my child! They teach through play and make school FUN! As a family, we look forward to school events and activities. We have made new friends and really love the Sonshine community! Sonshine Preschool is not just a school, it’s now an extended family!Hibdon Family
- KatyNew to the area at the time, I chose Sonshine Preschool for my firstborn because it reminded me of the preschool from my own childhood: play-oriented, yet structured just enough to prepare the kids for the longer days with more sitting, standing in line, and listening required of kindergarten. Sonshine, however, has far exceeded our expectations! We are now mid-way through our 5th collective year as a family, and I look forward to starting my youngest next year in the Two’s program!! This place has been a Rock for us in particularly this year, a time of such change. And I am literally holding my August baby out of kindergarten this next year, not because she isn’t ready, rather because I know she will reap the benefits of another year in such a nurturing environment.I would recommend Sonshine wholeheartedly to anyone looking for a faith-based preschool in the Ventura area. The teachers are loving and kind. They learn the name of each and every family member as well as grandparent and babysitter who interacts with the school. They always have a sweet word to offer and a smile upon their face. Phyllis in the office is one of the most organized people you’ll ever come across and Director Annette is an excellent leader who has come to feel more like an older sister/friend to many of us, rather than just a “Preschool Director.” Kids come out of Sonshine confident and ready for kindergarten, and my kids are always disappointed to be away from school during holidays or vacations, constantly asking again and again if they have school tomorrow. Thank you, Sonshine, for all that you are and all that you do!
- This was our first time enrolling a child in preschool. It can be nerve-wracking and a lot of pressure to make sure you find “the perfect one”. On our first visit to Sonshine, we felt welcomed and comfortable like we were already part of the family. We love the environment and are very pleased with the structure of the daily schedule. The entire team is amazing! We could not have chosen a better place to nurture the development, creativity, and well-being of Brooks. I know when we drop him off, he is going to have a great day full of fun and growth! We are so glad we found Sonshine!Liz